We’ve made crepes a few times now and they turn out delicious every time! But for some reason I get a little overwhelmed thinking about typing up the recipe to post on Busy Mom Recipes. I finally did it though! Batter recipe and Filling/Topping recipe!
You could even call these Lemon Berry Crepes because you use lemon zest in the crepe batter and can garnish with lemon zest, so there’s definitely a nice little touch of lemon. Both the batter and filling come together super easily and fast. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (crepe batter) for about 8 crepes:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (plus more to grease the pan)
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
Instructions (for crepe batter):
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, water, salt, and melted butter. Then whisk in the flour until the batter is smooth without any lumps.
- Place the bowl of batter in the refrigerator while preparing the berry filling/topping (see below).
- Heat a (large-ish)pan to medium-high heat. Add a dab of batter and spread it around the bottom of the pan. Pour 1/4 C. of the batter onto the left side of the bottom of the pan and tilt the pan around to coat the whole bottom of the pan with batter.
- Cook on the first side for 1-2 minutes, or until bottom of crepe is golden. Flip and cook about 1 more minute. Remove from pan and add filling, roll up, and add toppings if desired.
- about 6 oz Whipped Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Spread
- about 8 oz Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 4-5 large strawberries, washed, stems removed, and diced or sliced
- lemon zest for garnish
- optional: other types of berries or banana slices to fill or top your crepes
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the whipped berry cream cheese and Greek berry yogurt until smooth. Use about 1-2 Tbsp. to fill and top each crepe.
- Use diced strawberries (or other berries or bananas) as filling or toppings.
- Garnish with a little lemon zest over the crepe and on the plate around it.