Have you ever heard the advice to make half your grains whole? Well, the thought of being able to enjoy these fluffy, old fashioned style pancakes helps give me the extra boost of motivation to eat whole wheat pasta for dinner and whole wheat bread on my sandwiches 🙂
These fluffy pancakes smell and taste amazing and are super easy to make!
Fluffy Pancakes (Old Fashioned Style)
Ingredients (makes about 20 fluffy pancakes):
3 Cups all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 5 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Salted butter
- 2 1/2 Cup soy milk (room temperature is best)
- 2 eggs (room temperature is best)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a small mixing bowl, use a whisk to stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large glass (microwave safe) mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use whisk to stir just until moistened. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium/medium-high heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Add 1/4 C. pancake batter to the skillet for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side (or until there are little bubbles all over the top of the pancake). Flip, and cook about 1 or 2 minutes on the second side.
- Serve hot, with butter and pure Maple syrup. Enjoy!
*Inspired by THIS recipe.