This healthy morning glory muffin cake makes a delicious breakfast or snack! You can eat it with milk, yogurt, or just spread some plain cream cheese on top and you will love it.
Morning Glory Muffin Bread Recipe
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 C. coconut oil (softened), other neutral oil, or melted unsalted butter
- 1 large carrot, grated – yielding about 3/4 C.
- 1 medium zucchini, grated – yielding about 3/4 C.
- 1/4 C. walnuts, chopped
- optional: 1/4 C. shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch glass pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flours, flaxseed meal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, coconut oil, carrot, zucchini, walnuts, and coconut.
- Fold in the dry ingredients from the small bowl into the larger bowl until moistened, but not over-mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.