Fall is such an exciting time of year. Weather cools, leaves change colors, holidays are approaching. And don’t you love seeing the Internet explode with mouth-watering pumpkin recipes?
These Whole Wheat Pumpkin pancakes were pretty mouth-watering themselves. But especially topped with homemade whipped cream. Really, I wanted to make whipped cream in the morning and have leftovers to use with our French Hot Chocolate. It was kind of a lot of whipped cream in just one day, but both recipes turned out delicious!
Pumpkin Pancakes (Whole Wheat)
Ingredients (serves 4… makes about 12 pancakes):
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbps. melted coconut oil
- 2 C. milk, warmed (so it doesn’t harden the coconut oil)
- 2/3 C. pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the coconut oil and warm the milk. Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk together until just mixed.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low heat. When the skillet is hot enough (if a drop of water sizzles in there), then add a little butter.
- Pour 1/4 C. of the batter for each pancake. Let cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip, and let cook about 1 minute on the second side.
- Serve warm with pure Maple syrup and whipped cream.
Hope you enjoy the warm, lovely smelling and tasty pumpkin pancakes!
*Inspired by THIS recipe.