Do you have leftover ham from Easter dinner? Or even sandwich ham slices you want to use up before they go bad? Just cut up that ham into bite-sized pieces and add to some scrambled eggs. This makes a hearty protein-rich breakfast. You can even make it for lunch or dinner if you want.
Scrambled Eggs and Ham Recipe
Ingredients (4 adult servings):
- about 1 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- about 1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- about 1 C. of bite-sized ham pieces (we used leftover Easter ham)
- 6 eggs plus 1 Tbsp. milk plus 1 Tbsp. water
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- about 3/4 C. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat bottom of skillet.
- Add green bell peppers and ham pieces. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until bell peppers get a little softer.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, water and a little pepper and kosher salt. Stir gently with a fork. Pour egg mixture over the peppers and ham Cook/scramble for 4-6 minutes, or until eggs are cooked. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and let melt for a couple minutes (you can turn the heat to really low or just turn it off).
- Serve immediately. Goes great with fresh fruit and toast or banana bread.