This is one of the fastest and easiest recipes to make and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Not much beats scrambled eggs with hot dogs in the “quick and tasty” department- and it keeps my kids asking for more.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- about 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 hot dog, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: serve with grated cheese and/or salsa
- Melt butter in small frying pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk together with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add sliced hot dog and gently mix the eggs and hot dogs until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
We ate these eggs for dinner with steamed zucchini and mashed beans. They tasted great even without cheese or salsa! If you have them for breakfast, they’d go great with a slice of toast or some hash browns and a bowl of fruit.
*Don’t think hot dogs are a creative or delicious option for cooking? Then Haute Dogs is for you! It’s an interesting read into the exciting world of gourmet hot dogs, with some super ideas for your next hot dog recipe.