These are tasty full-on whole wheat pancakes!
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Ingredients (makes about 12 pancakes):
- 2 C. milk minus 2 Tbsp. (see next ingredient)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 C. whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) melted butter, plus more butter for greasing the skillet
- Get out a medium and a large mixing bowl. Fill up a 1 C. measuring cup with the 2 Tbsp. vinegar and the rest milk. Pour into medium bowl. Add 1 more cup of milk. Stir in the medium bowl and set aside to curdle.
- In the large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and melted butter to the milk mixture. Whisk together.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry flour mixture. Whisk together just until moistened. Keep it clumpy. Don’t over-mix.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Put a little butter in there and carefully swirl it around. Add about 1/4 C. of the pancake batter for each pancake.
- Once the pancake has lots of little bubbles all over it, it is ready to flip. Cook on the second side for about a minute, or until done.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.