Candied walnuts are delicious on their own- pop a few into your mouth when your husband and kids aren’t looking, or if you’re feeling generous you can share them on top of a salad, brownie bars, or vanilla bean ice cream!
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- about 1/2 C. unseasoned baking walnuts (chop them a bit, but not too small)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Combine ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir together until the brown sugar is pretty evenly distributed.
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes, then remove from microwave and stir again.
- Let cool about 4 minutes before serving so the walnuts can finish caramelizing.
For a delicious spinach salad, top baby spinach leaves with Craisins (these have less sugar than most) and your new candied walnuts!