Ingredients (for about 9 servings):
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Cut in butter (I cut it in a bit, then used my hands to mash it with the dry ingredients better).
- Scoop 1/2 C. of the crumb mixture out and set aside for the crumb topping.
- Add egg and milk to the rest of the crumb mixture. Stir, then pour batter into a greased 8×8 inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle the 1/2 C. of crumb mixture on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before serving. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
*Recipe inspired by Tiffany’s Simple Coffee Cake Recipe!