We enjoyed this lemon cheesecake as an Easter dessert. It was delicious and super easy to make, but I think lemon is not my favorite flavor in a cheesecake. We have a lemon tree right outside our door, so lemons are convenient and free, but next time I’ll replace the 1/3 cup of lemon juice with 1/3 cup of strawberry puree to make a strawberry cheesecake. Yummm 🙂
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- 1 premade graham cracker pie crust
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened in the microwave (I used the regular Philadelphia kind)
- 1 C. granulated sugar (this sugar comes with a great container!)
- 1 C. plain Greek yogurt (I used the kind with no milkfat) or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- whipped cream or Cool Whip for topping
- extra lemon for zesting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pre-made graham cracker crust on top of a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, Greek yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Cover edges with foil so the crust doesn’t burn. I used the plastic top that came with the crust to measure the foil and cut a hole in the middle of the foil. Then place on top of the actual pie and tuck the edges of the foil around the pie tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes (I baked for 45 minutes), or until the center is set but is also still a little wobbly. Remove from oven. Take off the foil carefully. Let the cheesecake cool for a few hours, then chill in refrigerator for about 5 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream or Cool Whip and some lemon zest.
If your looking for a no-bake lemon pie, THIS recipe is awesome (my husband’s favorite) and really easy to throw together.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.