My brother and sister-in-law shared a delicious cake recipe with me, and it is such a cute cake! This would be perfect to make with your kids or special sweetheart the day before Valentine’s Day so you can enjoy it together on Valentine’s Day. It would also make a beautiful Easter dessert. It reminds me of Springtime due to it’s bright colors and the berry flavors 🙂
Jello Cake Recipe
- one white cake mix (I used a 16.25 oz box) and whatever ingredients you need to make the cake (look on the back of the box… you’ll probably need eggs, oil and some water)
- one 6-oz package of strawberry Jello mix (and hot water)
- one 8-oz container of Cool Whip
- optional: berries as a garnish
- Make and bake the cake according to package directions (I used a 13×9 inch glass baking dish to bake it in). Let cool for about 1 hour, or until it’s cool enough to put into the refrigerator. Poke it several times with a fork all over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine the Jello with water (again, look on the Jello box to know how much hot water to mix it with). Then pour the liquid on top of the cooked cake with holes in it.
- Place the cake/Jello in the refrigerator overnight.
- Frost the cake with Cool Whip and serve garnished with berries.
Enjoy this cute, colorful cake!
*Inspired by Chanson & Kalena and THIS recipe.