This was a huge hit last year (even with the whole wheat crust)!
Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cold milk
- 1/2 C. canola oil
Ingredients for Filling (you can find this recipe on the back of a pumpkin can):
- 3/4 C. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- optional: 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Combine crust ingredients and mix. Form into 9 inch pie pan.
- Put crust (in pan) in freezer and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix dry filling ingredients together.
- Add wet filling ingredients and mix well.
- Pour filling into crust and bake at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and bake 50 minutes.
- Cool on top of stove and once the pie is not too hot, let it chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (I think it’s even better if you wait overnight).
Top with whipped cream right before serving.