My brother was raving about this delicious Coconut Lime Chicken Curry that his family makes. I just had to get the recipe and try it out. Turns out, it IS a super tasty recipe and surprisingly quick and easy to make. 🙂 I’m not very familiar with chicken curry, but this recipe definitely impressed us and we’ll be making it again.
Serve the chicken curry over steamy rice and enjoy!
Update: If you want a quick side dish of naan to help soak up the curry sauce, try making some BAKED FRY BREAD. It’s not exactly naan, but still delicious and so easy to make!
Coconut Lime Chicken Curry with Chiles
Ingredients (about 4 servings):
- about 2 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1 (14 oz) can light or regular coconut milk
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- optional: 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add cubed chicken and minced garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes (stirring frequently), or until golden brown all all sides.
- Stir in curry powder for about one minute, or until it is fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, chiles, and lime juice and zest. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions and top with cilantro.
- Serve over hot steamed rice.
*Inspired by Jessica and THIS recipe.