Have you ever wondered how to cook kale? There are probably many techniques, but here is a very quick and simple recipe that I love, and hope you will also enjoy! Kale makes quite a tasty, healthy side dish 🙂
How to Cook Kale (A Stove-top Recipe)
Ingredients (about 4 servings):
- 2 Tbsp. light or extra light olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4 large cloves)
- ready-to-cook kale (about 6 big handfuls)
- salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t use coarse salt and pepper just because I didn’t want the kale to be gritty)
- Make sure the kale is clean. If you didn’t buy it from a ready-to-cook bag, you will probably need to soak it in some water and rinse off all the dirt. I rinsed my ready-to-cook kale anyway, and picked through it and pulled out any loose stems and yucky looking leaves. If the kale leaves aren’t already torn, just tear them up a bit into smaller pieces (but not too small).
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the minced garlic and mix with a spatula or something that won’t scrape the pan (keep mixing so the garlic doesn’t burn). After about 30 seconds, add the kale and keep mixing for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste (start with a small amount and add a little more if needed).
- Serve immediately with a delicious meal (like the one below!).
*Inspired by THIS recipe.