This soup is simple and healthy, but tastes very good.
Potato Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 5 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 2 small/medium heads broccoli (chop the thick broccoli stems, and cut the tops into small florets)
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 C. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 C. whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 C. grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat a large soup pot to medium heat. Swirl olive oil and butter gently to coat the bottom of the pot. Saute onions for about 3 minutes, then add potatoes and the broccoli stems. Saute another 5-7 minutes. Add chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- In batches (be sure the soup isn’t too hot for the blender), pulse the soup in a blender a few times (you can leave some chunks in it if you want to). Return soup to pot and bring to a simmer. Add small broccoli florets and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir 1/4 C. of the grated cheese into the soup. Use the remaining 1/4 C. of cheese to garnish the bowls of soup.
*Inspired by THIS Potato Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe.