These Quinoa Patties are SO yummy! And not to mention, they are easy to make, smell great, have a crispy outside, and are healthy. Quinoa is high in fiber, iron, and protein.
We ate these Quinoa Patties with carrot sticks, but they’d be great with full-on salad too!
Quinoa Patties Recipe
Ingredients (10-12 patties):
- 2 C. cooked Quinoa (see instruction #1 on how to cook Quinoa)
- 3/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese (I used Open Nature Medium Cheddar)
- 1/2 C. cottage cheese (I used 4 % milkfat and large curd)
- 1 C. packed finely chopped kale (or zucchini squeezed dry, or grated carrot)
- about 1/4 C. chopped green onions (including the white part)
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil for frying
- To cook the Quinoa, bring 2 C. water and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Stir in 1 C. uncooked Quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. This will make just over 2 C. of cooked Quinoa.
- While the Quinoa is cooking, get out a large mixing bowl. Combine cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, kale or zucchini or carrot, green onions, eggs, flour, sugar, cumin, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- When the Quinoa is done cooking, add 2 cups of it to the mixture in the bowl. Mix together well with a spoon.
- Heat a pan to medium-low heat. Add about 1 Tbsp. olive oil and carefully swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1/4 C. of the mixture for each patty (I cooked them in batches of three). Flatten to about 1/2 inch thick with a spatula. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. Add a little olive oil before cooking the next batch if the pan is looks dry.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.