Seasoned Quick Potatoes would go great with any meal… breakfast, second breakfast, lunch or dinner. We ate these potatoes with breaded chicken strips and green beans. But the thought of having them with a fried egg (with a somewhat runny yolk) just makes my mouth water.
This recipe is great any time of year too! You don’t even need to turn the oven on during the hot Summer months. You’ll just need the microwave and stove top. The crispiness and seasonings of these potatoes are so delicious, perhaps more addictive than french fries 😉
Seasoned Quick Potatoes (“Roasted”)
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 10-12 small/medium-ish red potatoes, washed
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- about 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- about 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- about 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- about 1/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- Chop the washed red potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Place in glass microwave-safe bowl (we have THIS set and love them!), and microwave for about 8 minutes (microwaves vary, so you can check them at 5 minutes, and do more minutes depending). The potatoes should be tender enough to pierce with a fork, but not quite falling apart or out of their skins.
- Let the potatoes sit a few minutes while you heat a large skillet to medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet, then add the microwaved potatoes and seasonings. Saute for 8-12 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. If you turn the heat to medium-high, it will help the potatoes to get a little more crispy and browned.
Stir the potatoes around every minute or two.
Serve while the potatoes are still hot and crispy!
*Inspired by THIS recipe.