What are your favorite warm drinks to sip on a chilly day?
Even though CHOCOLAT CHAUD is amazing, there is usually more than one cold day each year and I just can’t drink that rich hot chocolate too often.
A healthier alternative that tastes great is warm lemon water with honey. And in the Fall, or for the days when I want to skip the whole cutting open and squeezing the lemon part, I opt for my other favorite healthy option: “apple cider”. If you make this to share with friends, maybe give them a small sample to try first to see if they like it 😉
We’ve had little apple cider powder packets sitting in our kitchen cupboard for years. They come in handy for camping trips, but isn’t it nice that we can easily make an apple cider drink at home without the artificial flavors and preservatives?
Apple Cider Recipe (Healthy, Quick and Easy)
Ingredients (1 serving):
- about 1 1/4 C. water
- 1 spoonful raw and unfiltered organic honey (about 1 tsp..)
- 1 spoonful Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (about 1 tsp)
- a generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- Warm the water in a microwave-safe glass or mug for about 1 minute (or until warm enough to melt the honey).
- Stir in the spoonful of honey. Add the spoonful of vinegar and the sprinkle of cinnamon and stir it together.
Enjoy sipping this “apple cider”, knowing it’s probably doing your body good 🙂