Tonight we tried a few new ingredients to our regular smoothie recipe. It turned out delicious! This smoothie is naturally sweet and has a somewhat neutral flavor. I don’t have the exact quantities of everything, but I’ll do my best to guess somewhat accurately. 🙂 You can always add a little more of something if you need to.
Banana Pineapple Smoothie with Coconut Milk
- 2 ripe bananas (not overly ripe, just the kind that start getting brown speckles on the skins)
- about 1 C. frozen pineapple tidbits (I get these from Trader Joes)
- 1 thick slice of jicama (probably 1 C. chopped)
- juice of 1/2 a lime (I would have used a whole lime if we had a whole one)
- 1 handful frozen baby spinach
- 2 or 2 1/2 C. organic So Delicious coconut milk
Just blend everything together. You can add more coconut milk if you want a thinner consistency, or less if you want a thicker consistency. One thing I love about coconut milk is that it has a longer shelf-life than regular cow’s milk, which needs to be refrigerated. Coconut milk doesn’t need to be refrigerated until you open it.
This banana pineapple smoothie was so refreshing on a warm evening- hope you enjoy it too!