This simple mint lemonade is so refreshing on a hot Summer day! If you don’t have any mint, you can make the recipe without it and the lemonade itself still tastes great.
If you want to freeze the lemonade mixture, just put the sugar, lemon juice, and mint leaves in a baggie. Label the bag and write “add 4 C. water”. Freeze and enjoy later.
Hint of Mint Lemonade
Ingredients (makes about 4 servings):
- 3/4 to 1 C. fresh squeezed lemon juice (from about 4-6 lemons)
- 1/3 C. granulated sugar
- 4-5 C. water
- about 10 fresh mint leaves
- optional: more mint or lemon to garnish and ice cubes
- Put the sugar in a pitcher. Add lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add water and mint leaves. Stir.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving (If you refrigerate longer, remove mint leaves after about 2 hours).
*Inspired by Olivia and THIS recipe.