This chocolate chip pumpkin bread is delicious! Moist and sweet and chocolatey. Even though it is sweet, I can justify it as a good mid-morning snack because of the bit of whole wheat flour and pumpkin inside. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Ingredients (makes two loaves):
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- about 1 C. plus 1/4 C. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 C. (about 6 oz) vanilla yogurt
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. Canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly grease 2 (9×5 inch) loaf pans. Get out a medium and a large mixing bowl.
- In the medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Put 1 C. of the chocolate chips in a small bowl and sprinkle about 1-2 tsp. of the flour mixture on top of the chocolate chips and mix around (this should help the chocolate chips not fall to the bottom of the bread pan while baking).
- In the large bowl, whisk together the granulated and brown sugar and get any lumps out. Add yogurt, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir together until smooth.
- Add dry flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips (the 1 C. with a little of that flour mixture around them).
- Distribute batter evenly into the two greased bread pans. With the last 1/4 C. chocolate chips, sprinkle some on top of the batter and chop a few up and sprinkle the chopped ones on top too. Just to make them pretty.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes. Definitely check at 45 minutes and watch the bread closely if you need to cook a little longer.
- Let cool in bread pans for about 3-45 minutes. Remove from bread pans before slicing.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.