These festive cranberry orange muffins are sweet with a touch of tartness. They smell great while baking and look very pretty. 🙂
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar + a little more for sprinkling on top
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 C. cranberries, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 3/4 C. orange juice
- 1/4 C. Canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, stir together 3/4 C. sugar and the chopped cranberries. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix orange zest, orange juice, vegetable oil and egg with a whisk or hand mixer. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 1/3 of the cup (this makes about 24 small muffins— perfect for little hands).
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on top of the batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.