“Mom, this is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted”, whispered my 4-year-old in a very serious, appreciative voice after finishing everything on his plate.
My three-year-old finished everything on her plate too! And you know what? They both had seconds AND thirds!!! (yes, having thirds deserves three exclamation points.)
This VELVEETA Mac and Cheese recipe is so easy and comes together really fast. I highly recommend serving it with bright colored sides, like broccoli and strawberries. It would also be delicious mixed with a cup of green peas and served with chicken and a salad. Or if you simply want macaroni and cheese, a dash of dried parsley would add just a little color to make it more beautiful.
VELVEETA Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 2 c. uncooked elbow/macaroni noodles (or other pasta) and water to boil
- 8 oz. Kraft VELVEETA cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 C. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- a small sprinkle of kosher salt
- optional: grated Parmesan cheese as a garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water.
- Over low heat, stir in the cubed Velveeta cheese, milk and pepper until cheese is thoroughly melted and creamy. Stir in a sprinkle of kosher salt, if desired (careful not to put too much!).
- Serve hot, garnished with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
You can also toss in some canned black beans or a small can of drained salmon or tuna at the end to add some protein/fiber 🙂 We’ve tried both and they are delicious.
*Inspired by THIS recipe.