This is a very easy and tasty quinoa bake or quinoa pie recipe. Since I didn’t already have cooked quinoa in my refrigerator, I cooked some the night before making this recipe. So really I just had to steam and chop some veggies and mix everything together and bake.
The cheddar cheese adds a lot of flavor to this quinoa dish and it tastes great alone, but we sometimes enjoy dipping our bites in a little ketchup.
- 2 C. cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- about 2 C. medium or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 C. cooked veggies, chopped small (I used broccoli and yellow zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease two 9-inch circular cake pans.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Put half the mixture in one pan and the other half in the other pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, let sit about 5 minutes. Gently cut into pieces with a rubber spatula and serve warm.
Which veggies will you add to your quinoa bake? Please comment and let us know how it turns out!
*Inspired by THIS recipe.