I don’t usually bother following salad recipes. Whatever we have goes in the salad and I rarely add any dressing. For Easter dinner, however, I wanted to make something special that would compliment the meal and add some color. It turned out great!
This salad is simple, light, beautiful and very berry tasty!
Strawberry Spinach Salad (Easter Salad)
Ingredients (about 8 servings as a side dish):
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar (honey could probably be a great substitute)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light olive oil
- a dash of paprika
- a dash of kosher salt
- triple washed baby spinach and/or baby arugula salad mix
- between 1/2-1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- about 1/2 C. chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, apple cider vinegar, light olive oil, paprika and kosher salt to make the dressing. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, layer greens (spinach/arugula mix), strawberry slices, and walnuts about two times, but save most of the strawberries and walnuts for the very top of the salad to make it look pretty. They kind of fall down anyway once you start serving. Drizzle the homemade dressing over the top of the salad.
- Serve immediately, or cover with foil and chill before serving.
This strawberry spinach salad goes great with HASHBROWN CASSEROLE and ham! Please let me know how you like it!
*Inspired by THIS recipe.