This is one of the fastest and easiest recipes to make and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Not much can beat quick scrambled eggs with hot dogs in the “fast and tasty” department- and it keeps my kids asking for more.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- about 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 hot dog, sliced (we like getting the kind without added nitrates or nitrites or antibiotics, like THIS KIND)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: serve with grated cheese and/or salsa (my family prefers a mild salsa, like Pace Chunky Mild Salsa) and avocado
- Melt butter in small frying pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk together with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add sliced hot dog and gently mix the eggs and hot dogs until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
We ate these quick scrambled eggs for dinner with steamed zucchini and mashed beans. They tasted great even without cheese or salsa! If you have them for breakfast, they’d go great with a slice of toast or some hash browns and a bowl of fruit.
*For another delicious twist on this recipe (inspired by Alissa’s comment below), try SCRAMBLED EGGS, HOT DOGS and TORTILLAS.